During the months of July.August we have been reading the fantastic book “Canine enrichment – for the real world” in the ATA book club run by the fantastic ATA Happiness engineer ‘ ‘David Thatcher ” … We are thus super excited to conclude this awesome book by having the honour of getting it’s authors Emily Strong and Allie Bender to join us live for a ‘Book club’ Q&A to help answer all of your questions!
Please see a list of the books chapters below to appreciate some of the topics we might cover include (although the conversation definitely need not be limited to these topics):
- Enrichment then and now
- The elements of enrichment
- Physical exercise
- Safety & security
- Instinctual behaviours
- Social interactions
- Mental stimulation
- Calming enrichment
- Providing the right enrichment
- The human element
- Work smarter, not harder
- Practical enrichment for special needs dogs
- Practical enrichment in shelters and rescues
- Putting it all together
About Emily Strong and Allie Bender;
- CLICK HERE to find Emily Strong’s Bio and listen to a previous Podcast episode.
- CLICK HERE to find Allie Bender’s Bio and listen to a previous Podcast episode.