About Sonya Bevan
Sonya Bevan is an avid dog lover with a Bachelor of Science degree in physiotherapy. This combination lead to seeking science based information on how to teach dogs and she completed a Diploma of Canine Behaviour Science and Technology (with distinction) through the Companion Animals Science Institute. Sonya works as a behaviour consultant in her business, Dog Charming. She has been a university facilitator for vet students in animal behaviour for the past 5 years. Her special interests are;
- Fearful and reactive dogs
- Low stress handling/cooperative care
- Assistance Dogs (She is a MindDog trainer for psychological support dogs)
- Ethics in animal training
- Separation Anxiety. She is a Certified Separation Anxiety Trainer.
- Providing freely available video training tutorials.
She believes that dog and animal training is both a science and an art. When based on solid principles of applied behaviour analysis, teaching also allows creativity when applied to each unique learner. And fun. Training should be fun!
- CLICK HERE for Sonya’s website
- CLICK HERE for dog charming on FaceBook
- CLICK HERE for dog charming on Twitter
- CLICK HERE for dog charming on YouTube
Video: Teaching a Dog to use Steps/Pet-loader Pre and Post Amputation