Dr. Christy Alligood is a sought-after teacher, speaker, and thought leader whose experience spans the science and practice of behavior analysis.
Dr. Alligood received an MA (2003) from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington and a Ph.D. (2007) from West Virginia University. She is also a doctoral-level Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA-D).
For over 10 years, Dr. Alligood has been a behavior scientist at Disney’s Animals, Science, and Environment. In that capacity, she uses her expertise in the application of behavior analysis to enhance the welfare of nonhuman animals through cooperative training, environmental enrichment, behavioral problem solving, and behavior change strategies supporting the conservation of wildlife and wild places.
Dr. Alligood is a faculty member in the Department of Psychology at the University of Florida and a nominee for the 2021 UF College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Teacher of the Year Award. She has served in many leadership roles in the Association for Behavior Analysis International, including president of the Applied Animal Behavior Special Interest Group, Coordinator of the Special Interest Groups Board, and At-large Representative to the Executive Council. She is also a past president and current secretary of the Southeastern Association for Behavior Analysis. She is an instructor for the Association of Zoos and Aquariums Environmental Enrichment in Zoo & Aquariums course and general member of the AZA Behavior Advisory Group serving on the Culture Change working group.
- CLICK HERE for Info on the new course, How Research Works:
- CLICK HERE for the Interview with Ryan O about my CHATTcon topic:
- CLICK HERE to visit Disney Training site:
- CLICK HERE to visit Disney Enrichment site:
- CLICK HERE to visit New Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis in Animal Training (JABAAT):
- CLICK HERE for those interested in university programs in behavior analysis on the UF site:
- CLICK HERE for Behavior analysis programs at UF (undergraduate and graduate):
- CLICK HERE for Masters program in Applied Animal Behavior and Welfare at Virginia Tech:
- CLICK HERE for Dr. Lindsay Mehrkam’s work at Monmouth University:
- CLICK HERE for Dr. Tim Hackenberg’s Learning and Adaptive Behavior lab at Reed College:
- CLICK HERE for the Online M.S. in Applied Behavior Analysis program at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology:
- CLICK HERE for faculty member Katie Kalafut longstanding partnership with the Cincinnati Zoo: