Terry Ryan’s Bio
Terry has been coaching people to train their dogs since 1966. She trained her own dogs for various performance events and was an AKC obedience trial judge for many years. She built and operated a large training complex in Washington State. Legacy Canine Behavior & Training, Inc. promotes humane and effective dog training techniques for a variety of pet, working dog, and competitive applications. Terry maintains a busy national and international workshop schedule. Most frequently teaching instructor’s courses, chicken training workshops, and training games events. Terry is a faculty member of the Karen Pryor Academy, teaching several classes a year in the USA and overseas and she is on the staff of Clicker Expo.
About the class:
This class will be a slide presentation, videos, live discussion and Q&A session. Terry is putting this together bespoke for us at Animal Training Academy and we’re still finalising the exact details but here is a possibly flow of the things we might talk about;
- Why chicken training? (history)
- The exciting new virtual option!
- Issues with BYOC (bring your own chicken)
- Pre camp – selection and conditioning a hen for a “table ready” partner
- Chicken needs to be emotionally ready to learn
- Classical conditioning table ready exercises for the hens
- Mechanical skill drills for the trainers[exercises you will be able to practice with Terry live in the class]
- Making training equipment in a stay-at-home-got-no-money world
- Operant conditioning
- Shaping a target stick peck
- Moving behaviours (tunnel, beam)
- Discrimination among colour discs.
- And more…